Saturday 12 May 2012

Tissue Paper Collage


1 hr of power; quick, easy, clean stuff to do when it's too hot/cold/rainy to play outdoors!

This week I bought a huge pack of coloured tissue paper.  I was itching to get into it and decided simply tearing it up and pasting it to paper would be a great activity for Miss May.  I am also vaguely aware that Eric Carle who wrote and illustrated the world's best picture book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" does his illustrations using this simple technique... sweet!  

I have to say that the tearing part was great and my primary school teacher Mum is always telling me that tearing and scrunching paper is a great activity for little kids.  Unfortunately Miss May lost all interest pretty quickly and so at the risk of it turning into tanty-town I put the project on the shelf.  


Later in the day we took the whole thing outside and had another go.  The kids in the playground helped out and soon we had a condo masterpiece!





I know, I know... technically this was neither quick nor indoors... but it was relatively easy and not too messy.  With even slightly older kids this would be a great activity so I'm including it in my 1hr of power today!

Have fun peeps

No comments:

Post a Comment