Tuesday 3 July 2012

Article

For those of you lucky enough to be bringing your kids up in a multi-lingual household here is a lovely article from the INCULTURE PARENT site by Jen Westmoreland Bouchard who is bringing her daughter up in an English/French home!

Bilingual Parenting: Five Strategies to Start Now


When I found out I was pregnant, one of my first thoughts was “I can’t wait to raise this child to speak French.” I am a native English speaker, and I’ve been a Francophile since I was a young girl. My love of the French language and Francophone cultures has largely shaped my career, my travel and my interests. 

Although I was committed to raising a bilingual child, I never actually thought about how to go about it, especially in the very young, preverbal stages... MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment